Monday, November 2, 2009
The start of a new Journey
So like the title of my blog says I have decided its time I do a marathon. My running career is a very short one. I started running as a New Years Resolution, I decided I wanted to run a half marathon and in Januray of 08 I started training. Now keep in mind I really had never run before. I have been overweight my entire life and in from my senior year of high school to my freshmen year of college i lost about 90lbs. As exciting as that is I have never gotten to a weight where I feel content. I thought if I signed up for a half marathon and started running regularly then i would finally be able to get down to my goal weight. I did loose some weight while I was running but I still haven't gotten to where I want to be. Well back to the training, I started out by training for a 5k, my sister coke and I both ran an American Red cross 5k it was really fun and exciting since it was my first every running race. After I completed my 5k I moved up to a 10k training program. I did the provo canyon 10k which was also very exciting for me, I couldn't believe i was actually running 6 miles! Well once i did the 5k and 10k the only thing left for me to do was to start my training for my half marathon. I was really dedicated i was running 6 days a week and really feeling great about myself. August 26, 2008 I ran the provo canyon half marathon. It was probably the proudest day of my life, I know that sounds cheesy but its so true. I set out to accomplish something in January and stuck with it for 8 months, and actually did it!!!
Now comes the downfall. After I did my half marathon i was done running. I just couldn't get the motivation to keep running, I don't know if I just burned myself out or if I just needed something else to work for, but whatever it was I was done. I have thought about running a marathon before but never very seriously. This last year my sister coke did an Iron-man! I can't even wrap my brain around actually doing something like that. I guess you could say she has inspired me, if she can do an Iron-man then i can get my butt off the couch and do a marathon!! This summer coke, Heather ( my sis-in-law) and I are all going to do the marathon together. We haven't for sure picked one yet but I am putting this in writing so I can't back out.
I don't know if anyone other than my two followers (coke and Kristen) will ever read this but if you do please comment. I really have no idea what the best way to train for a marathon is so if any of you have any insights, success stories or even fumbles please share them with me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I need help too!! I am excited but so nervous about it!! We can do it though.
Post a Comment