Thursday, November 19, 2009
distance run... with a little homework.
So today I wanted to do a distance run because I figure that if I run 4 miles today that would make running 3 miles on saturday easy. I didn't feel like running out in the cold and I didn't want to map a distance so I just ran on the treadmill.
I decided that I would try and be cool and study my notes while I was running I had everything set up, notebooks completely covering the screen, which is a good thing because I always end up watching the seconds pass on the clock.
Things were going really good for the first little while. I had decided to listen to my entire playlist and then I would see how far I had gone. I tried at first to read my notes but this turned out to be a bad Idea because it kept messing up my rhythm so I gave up on that and just ran. I got to the end of my playlist and I was really hoping I would have gone at least 3 miles but when I looked I had only gone 2.56. I was so frustrated! I had been running forever I think it was 36 minutes and only covered 2.56 miles!
well I decided to persevere and keep going, this was a distance run not a speed run to the important thing was to get in the miles. well I listened to three more songs and decided to see where I was at. As I was reaching to move the notebook all of my papers started to fall I managed to catch them all before they flew everywhere but in my haste I accidentally hit the stop button. My entire workout got erased! I had no Idea how long I had been going or how far I went. I threw my papers onto the next treadmill and started running again. I didn't have it in me to try and go 1 more mile so I decided to just pick up the speed and do half.
So really I have no idea how far I ran today or what my time was. I know i did at least 3.5 and I am hoping it was closer to 4 but we will never know. Lesson learned...don't try to multi-task while running!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ahhh, that's so funny! Good job getting your distance run in even if you don't know the distance or the time. :)
Post a Comment