Tuesday, November 3, 2009

SPEED WORKOUT?

Well I did my first workout today and it went really well. I was did a speed workout on the track today. I started out by lightly jogging for about 10:00 min. Then I jumped into my work out. I ran three intervals, 4 laps each time and then I walked 2 laps after each time. Here are my times

set 1-5:58
set 2-5:43
set 3-6:36
total distance today was-2.87 miles!
I'll be back up to running 5k in no time!

It looks like I need to try and be more steady. I pushed myself too hard on the second set I was sad that i as so slow I was hoping I could do it in like 5 min, but I haven't been working out so I am really out of shape, and hey it just means I have more room to improve right!

So after my run I walked home and it just felt so good! It is such a beautiful day here in logan I didn't even need my jacket. Its so nice to be living in a place where I get to walk more. When I went to school at Snow I used to drive to campus all the time because I was just too lazy to walk, but here in logan if you don't have a parking pass you can't drive to campus which is really a blessing to me. I've just been trying to embrace being so close to campus and really enjoy my time outside.


3 comments:

horrocks_love said...

I'm jealous, I can't start working out again for 2 more weeks! I am so ready to start running and getting this going!

Colleen said...

Great job Katie! I was a beautiful day here too. Let's try to enjoy it before it gets to cold hu? Try not to be too disappointed in your times. Like you said, you haven't really been running at all for a while. Now you have some good numbers to start with, and I'm sure you have no where to go but faster! I'm excited for you!

Katie Horrocks said...

I am so excited for us, I know running a marathon will suck but at the same time be so awesome!!!