Thursday, November 5, 2009
LITTLE UNEXPECTED SURPRISES
So I set out for my run today totally dreading it. I knew I really needed to go because if I missed today then I would most likely miss tomorrow and then the day after that and so on. So I thought if I looked up a rout on mapmyrun.com then maybe I would be a little more excited. I found a long road close to my apartment and I saw that there was a little park that was about 1.25 miles down which would be perfect since I was going to run 2.5 miles.
I set out starting to feel better about having to go running, I guess finding a rout really did help. So anyways Like I said I started running and of course it sucked at first like it always does. Then after a while lets say 4 songs (Oh by the way I forgot my watch.) I started to feel better, my muscles had started to warm up and my breathing had slowed down so I was in the run! I kept running and running but I never found the park I was looking for, finally I decided I would go around one more bend and if I didn't see it I would turn around because it was starting to feel pretty long. Came round the next bend and nope no park so I turned around, the way back I felt really good, I had a good rhythm and I didn't really feel the need to stop.
So to get to the point of my whole story, I was thinking I had to have run more than 2.5 miles becuase it totally felt like it so right when i got home I looked it up and turns out I ran a little more than 3 mile!!! I was so excited I ran 3 miles and it actually felt good!! The Lord is really looking out for me and helping me succeed here and I am so grateful for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, that is so cool! Great job! I love runs like that where you just feel good!
Post a Comment