Monday, January 18, 2010

Defying Gravity

So I went for a run today, I was making up for the long run I missed on Saturday so I had to run 4 miles, and let me tell ya I was not looking forward to it. So anyways I decided to listen to wicked while I was running, it is kind of listen to musicals because you can picture the story in your head as you run. So I was getting to about mile 2 and starting to feel pretty tired when the song Defying Gravity came on. I recently re-discovered this song while watching Glee and I just love it, it is perfect for running because you just don’t want anything to stop you. I had the greatest rush of endorphins when I was running to this song. I was in the Gym and as cheesy as it sounds for those couple of minutes I felt completely alone and it was wonderful, I think I might of even gotten goose bumps.

I ran the 4 miles in about 52 minutes which I think is pretty good. I know its not fast but I really think I am slowly improving.Getting back into running has been pretty hard for me but I am so glad I am starting to actually enjoy it again. I’m not going to go so far as to say I am looking forward to my next run but at least I’m not dreading it either.


No comments: