Friday, December 7, 2007
Growing Up
Do you ever stop and think about how your a grown up now? I have been living away from home for like 4 years now and still sometimes I forget that I really am an adult. When I was younger I didn't do things because they were always done for me, like letters to my reletives letting them know whats going on in our lives, and adult stuff like food storage. Now I realize that if i want these things done then I need to do it. I haven't talked to my grandparents in years and I was kind of annoyed about that but then I thought, well when was the last time I called them, or wrote to them.
And the other thing I mentioned, food storage, I was always waiting for my dad to do that but now I am an adult I am responsible for my own food storage. I know this is a werid thing to be thinking about but what if some disaster strikes and I am in salt lake what would I do? So I have decided to be proactive about this. I need a plan, the only problem is I don't know much about food storage so its kind of hard to make a plan. So if any of you (the three people I know) know anything and would like to share your pearls of wisdom with me that would be awesome.
And the other thing I mentioned, food storage, I was always waiting for my dad to do that but now I am an adult I am responsible for my own food storage. I know this is a werid thing to be thinking about but what if some disaster strikes and I am in salt lake what would I do? So I have decided to be proactive about this. I need a plan, the only problem is I don't know much about food storage so its kind of hard to make a plan. So if any of you (the three people I know) know anything and would like to share your pearls of wisdom with me that would be awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Katie B! I love your blog and I'm glad that you are blogging. I have a tip for you. John and I try to be prepared with all that stuff. We think before you do food storage you should do a 72 hour kit. It is a good place to start. You can get online and find lists of what should be in your kit. If you can't find one let me know and I will get you a copy of one we have. It is good thing to have. Thats our advice, I hope it helps. See you soon!!! :-)
One more thing. So, you don't feel like you have to spend a ton of at money once. You could get one item a week and build up your 72 hour kit. Just work down the list until you have everything. And then every six months (general conference) check your kit and update anything you need too.
Katie, Katie, Katie.... We don't REALLY want to be grownups! I say rebel. Just Peter Pan it.
But maybe you should get a couple cases of bottled water and keep them in the storage shed. And flashlights with extra batteries. And one of those ginormous bags of chocolate chips.
Kristen, do you really think Katie is going to need a big bag of chocolate chips? We are going to be trying to survive and she will be baking cookies...probably for...I see why you suggested it! :-)
I am banking on my Grandma's food storage....
I LOVE YOUR MUSIC!
Kristin makes an excellent point. I have been doing this for YEARS but now I finally have a name for it. Just 'Peter Pan it.' It has been working out for me. Then again, you might get a tumor if you aren't careful...who knows...
Post a Comment