Monday, April 14, 2008

Mysteries of Life

Ya know I think I have had it pretty easy so far. I haven't really had any major obstacles to overcome and have been pretty happy for most of my life. Maybe this is why my life is so frustrating right now. Nothing is wrong, I mean if you look at my life i have a job that pays fairly well, I am going to school and I am living with a friend how could it be better right? Well that is the big question. I thought if I got a raise at work it would make this strange feeling go away but that happened and it is still here hanging on to the back of my mind. Then I keep thinking that maybe it is because I should have taken the job at american eagle, but what would that really change in my life, its basically the same job in the same place so that can't be it. I think really I need to change my life, and in a big way, well sort of big way. I have been thinking of moving home, but I am scared that won't help. Then I think moving to provo/orem would be a fun change but then that scares me too. Then I want to go to china but wow china is big and that is scarry too. I just want to be able to close my eyes spin in a circle and point to an option and have it be the right thing for me. How do you people do this choosing thing? I really just don't know what to do and my brain is getting very tired of jumping back and forth between ideas.

1 comment:

Parrish Family said...

Katie I totally understand how you feel. Before the fall I met John and I didn't even know if I wanted to go back to Utah State. I couldn't decide if I should go on a mission or go work in an orphanage.

So, those feels and thoughts are oh so normal. I think it is required for everyone to feel that way.

My first piece of advice is to pray. Pray a LOT! Pray and ponder everything. This will be your greatest help.

Second, make pro and con lists. I know it sounds chessy, but they really do help. If anything they make you look at the whole picture!

And third just trust your instincts and feelings. Only YOU know what is best for you. No one else can tell you what to do, unfortunately! :-)

I'm sure whatever you choose to do it will be the right thing. You are such a fun girl and I hope you enjoy whatever you do in life!

Alright I think this is long enough. You know me...I ALWAYS have a LOT so say!!! ;-)